PROGRAM INTAKE FOR THIS SERVICE IS TEMPORARLIY PAUSED, PLEASE READ MORE ABOUT KLINIC’S SERVICES UPDATES RESULTING FROM COVID HERE.
What is Trauma?
Trauma is a frightening, threatening and abnormal event or series of events. Trauma can cause you to be anxious and afraid long after the event occurs. The signs of trauma can be both physical and emotional, and may include:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Poor concentration
- Low energy
- Change in appetite
- Always feeling on guard
- Easily startled
- Intense feelings of sadness, fear, horror or helplessness
- Avoiding strong emotions
- Feeling detached or isolated from people
- Repeated, distressing memories, or dreams associated with the events
- Problems in relationships, trouble feeling love, trust or other strong emotions
- Frequent feelings of anger or irritation
- Feelings of guilt or shame
- Intense feelings of responsibility and blame
How Can Counselling Help?
Klinic’s Post Trauma Counselling Program can help people with traumas related to abuse or violence that occurred in childhood. This program can help people cope with emotional pain and recover from the effects of trauma by offering one-on-one and group counselling to help you:
- Understand how you have been affected by a traumatic event
- Understand the emotional and interpersonal aspects of your life
- Reaffirm your strengths, self worth and value
- Help you make changes to your life that are important to you
Calm in the Storm: Coping with the Stresses of Life – Learn about stress its effects and how to manage it.
Calm in the Storm App http://calminthestormapp.com/
For more information about trauma and recovery, visit www.trauma-recovery.ca.