Who we are?
Klinic Community Health Centre is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We are a non-profit, charitable organization. We:
- Provide services to our geographic population and populations of need.
- Provide a full range of services including primary health care, counselling and education.
- Promote health and quality of life.
- Help people make choices about their own health.
- Address the special needs of our neighborhoods and help communities organize on issues of concern.
- Look to our community for direction.
- Provide respectful, non-judgmental services.
- Are accredited by the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation (CCHSA).
- Are a member of Manitoba Association of Community Health (MACH).
- Act as a teaching site for students.
Who can come to Klinic?
Services are available to:
- Families with children
- GLBTT* (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Two Spirit)
Counselling and educational services are available to anyone in the larger community of Winnipeg and Manitoba.
What Services are available?
Health care provided by a multi-disciplinary team (ie. physician, nurse, dietitian, social worker, etc.):
- Community outreach
- Some evening hours
- Male and female practitioners
- Reproductive health services
- Teen Klinic (ages 12 – 22)
- Counselling on education health topics
- In-person counselling services
- Group counselling for people who have experienced sexual abuse
- 24-hour crisis / suicide line
- 24 hour sexual assault crisis line
- Group counselling for women, men, and children affected by domestic abuse
- Group counselling for suicide bereavement
Community health and education services
- Help for groups working on community health concerns
- Health education on topics such as reproductive health, nutrition, diabetes, parenting and healthy child development.
- Public education/training on topics such as sexual assault, suicide intervention, mental health issues and sexual abuse.
- Volunteer program
Will I have to pay?
No. All of our services are free.
Klinic is a non-profit, charitable organization funded by the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and Family Services.
How can I get involved?
There are many ways you can volunteer your time at Klinic:
- Crisis line counsellor
- Sexual assault line counsellor
- Suicide line counsellor
- Drop-In counsellor
- Reproductive health educator
- Teen Talk peer supporter
- Board member
- Committee member