Please note: While Manitoba is at Critical level (red) on the Pandemic Response System Klinic Community Health is reducing services to only those that are deemed essential. As a result access to this service may be impacted. More information is available on our COVID-19 Services Page.
We have reshaped our STI Klinic experience to add some protection for patients and staff from COVID-19 while still providing services.
We are prioritizing patients who:
- Have symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection (STI)
- Have a sexual partner with an STI
- Have been asked by public health to come in for testing or treatment
- Need testing and/or emergency contraception after a high risk exposure (sexual assault/condom broke)
There are limited appointments available for:
- Routine testing without symptoms
- Immunizations (Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, HPV)
We are not offering walk-in service at this time. Please call to book an appointment (204-784-4090). Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 4:00-7:30, Fridays & Saturdays from 12-3:30pm.
If you haven’t been to the clinic recently, you will see many new safety measures in place at your next visit:
- Masks are mandatory for all staff and clients
- Symptom screening and hand sanitizer at entry for all visitors
- Physical distancing in the waiting room and increased cleaning of high-touch surfaces
What to expect in the exam room:
- You will be placed in an exam room and a health care provider will talk to you by phone first. We will provide a phone if you do not have one.
- We will come in to the exam room after the phone call for anything that needs to be done in-person (exam, specimen collection, treatments).
How to get your results:
- We will call you with any abnormal results within 2 weeks. We do not call you if all your results are negative.
- If you have not heard from us and want to speak with us about your results you can leave a message at 204-784-4046.
Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, our goal is to provide you with non-judgmental, sex positive health care. Let us know if you have suggestions to improve our service.
Where can I get more information about STIs?
Please view one or more of the links below if you are interested in some detailed information about certain STBBIs:
Can’t make it to Klinic? Visit the website below to find other clinics you can go to for STI testing, reproductive health and free safer sex/safe injection supplies: