UPDATE TO STI KLINIC HOURS
Please note that STI Klinic will be closed indefinitely on Saturdays, beginning Saturday March 28th. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. STI Klinic will still be running from Tuesday to Friday.
*UPDATE ON STI KLINIC SERVICES DUE TO COVID-19*
Our STI Klinic service remains open – but we are changing how we provide service. To reduce the chance of transmission of COVID-19, we will temporarily move to telephone care (as much as possible). Please phone us at 204-784-4090 to book a phone appointment for STI Klinic. These appointments will be between 4:00PM and 6:30PM, every Tuesday through Thursday and Friday 10 until 2 pm. You can phone any time during regular office hours to book an appointment.
Please note STI services are limited to the following: if you have a recent sexual partner who has tested positive for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis or HIV or if you have symptoms of an STI, you were told to come in for testing or treatment, if you have experienced sexual assault and for emergency contraception.
We ask that you delay coming in for non-essential services such as routine testing without symptoms, genital wart treatment and immunizations.
We are not a Covid-19 testing site. Please refer to the Health Links Covid-19 self assessment tool:
What is the STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) Klinic?
The STI Klinic is a drop in for services related to sexual health including STBBI (Sexually Transmitted and Blood Borne Infection) testing, treatment and prevention services (such as emergency contraception).
What can I expect/get done?
Please take a moment to view our intake form, which lists the services available during STI Klinic. Please note that we do not offer services related to contraception with the exception of emergency contraception (Plan B).
- Welcome to STI- Pap Klinic Triage form – COVID-19 precautions
- An onsite lab is available to take blood and urine samples for STBBI testing.
- If you were seen during our STI drop in, but were unable to use the onsite lab, you are welcome to visit any Dynacare lab. A list of lab locations can be found below:
- Dynacare Lab Locations
- Please note: the Klinic lab is not a public lab, and can only be used by clients who have a requisition given to them by a Klinic primary care provider.
If you require services other than the ones listed on the intake form, please see your family doctor or head to your local walk in. Available walk in clinics and their wait times can be viewed here:
Who is working during STI Klinic?
There is a health educator, nurse, and physician on various days.
What should I bring?
If you are under Manitoba Health, please bring your Manitoba health card. Please be ready to provide a current address and phone number as well should we need to reach you.
If you are not under Manitoba Health, please bring one of the following:
- Your provincial health card (if from a different province),
- An alternate insurance card (such as ones given to international students)
- Drivers licence
How can I get my results?
Klinic will attempt to contact those who test positive for an infection, whose test needs to be repeated or if it is deemed medically necessary.
Please note that results will not be provided over the phone. Clients are welcome to come back to the drop in after two weeks to review their results and obtain a copy.
When and how often should I get tested?
- If you have symptoms that might be signs of an STI (please take a moment and view some of the links below for information on symptoms of various STIs).
- If one of your partners has informed you that they have tested positive for an STI.
- If you have unprotected sex with multiple casual partners or if you have new partners every few months, please consider getting tested every 3 months.
- If you currently use drugs via the intravenous route (needles) or intranasal route (snorting), please consider getting tested every 3 months.
- If you are currently have one monogamous long term partner, please consider getting tested annually.
Where can I get more information about STIs?
Please view one or more of the links below if you are interested in some detailed information about certain STBBIs:
Can’t make it to Klinic? Visit the website below to find other clinics you can go to for STI testing, reproductive health and free safer sex/safe injection supplies: