Teen Klinic provides primary health care services to youth aged 12-22. This is a safe, caring environment where no one will judge you because of your age, gender, appearance, or sexual orientation.
Services at Klinic are confidential*, which means that your visits are just between you and your health care providers at Klinic. You do not need the consent of your parent or guardian to attend and, if you wish, you may bring a friend, parent, or guardian with you to Klinic.
*The only exception to Klinic’s confidentiality policy would be in the case of a young person being at risk and in need of protection.
- Common reasons for visits are:
- Wounds, injuries or rashes,
- Pregnancy testing, birth control, IUD or Mirena insertions, prenatal care or abortion referrals
- STI testing
- Depression, anxiety, mental health concerns and counselling
- Connection to support services
- General medical care
- Information about nutrition
- Feeling sick, bladder infection, ear or throat infection
- Referral to a specialist
- Free condoms
What type of Information Will You Need to Give?
It is important to use your legal name, as it appears on your health card, when you come to Klinic. No nicknames or slang please. It is important to provide us with a phone number that Klinic staff may call you at. Klinic staff will only contact you if your tests need to be repeated, if you need medication, if you have an infection, or if the call is medically necessary.