Dream Catchers is a program for women and transgender individuals transitioning from the sex trade, providing a safe and supportive place to start your healing journey. Weekly support groups are confidential and private, focusing on the following skills:
- Managing overwhelming emotions
- Recognizing risky situations
- Setting boundaries
- Preventing relapse of harmful behaviours (using, cutting, unprotected sex, etc.)
- Building healthy relationships
- Achieving reasonable goals
- Setting employment and educational goals
- Connecting with cultural traditions that create well-being
- Empowering women to find their voices: “to speak their truth”
These skills are explored in group sessions where you will have the opportunity to share experiences, discuss choices and discover ways to take what we learn back to our lives. We also provide opportunities for participants to practise skills that calm the body and strengthen spiritual connection.
Participants experience new ways of coping with life’s challenges through:
- Trust, friendship and well-being
- Less harm from addictions, abuse and other dangers from life on the street
- Increased opportunities
Dream Catchers is a sacred sisterhood of peer-supported, strong, healing women – getting their power back.