Please note: We are not providing COVID-19 testing at Klinic. If you are concerned, please contact Health Links at 204-788-8200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257 for screening and direction to a testing location. You can also screen yourself online here.
In following social distancing protocols and guidelines, we are now limiting the number of people who are having appointments to one person in the room, at a time. This does not apply to interpreters, support workers and families / caregivers with young children. If this is an issue for you, please speak to your health care provider. Thank you!
In an effort to safeguard the health and safety of Klinic clients, staff, volunteers and the general public Klinic has made the decision to temporarily suspend the following services:
- Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 – all client groups will be temporarily suspended including: Mindful Meditation, MBSR, Auricular Acupuncture, Dream Catchers, Craving Change, Trans Health Injection Group, Women’s Evolve, Men’s Evolve, Men’s Prep, DBT Skills, Suicide Bereavement, Calm in the Storm, Mindful Self-Compassion and Yoga.
- Project Choices offsite services will be suspended.
- Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 – all training will be postponed, including Crisis Volunteer Training.
- Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020: in an effort to follow social distancing guidelines, any new appointments with health services will be held via phone.
- Our STI Klinic service remains open – but we are changing how we provide service. To reduce the chance of transmission of COVID-19, we will temporarily move to telephone care (as much as possible). Please phone us at 204-784-4090 to book a phone appointment for STI Klinic. These appointments will be between 4:00PM and 6:30PM, every Tuesday through Thursday and Friday 10 until 2 pm. You can phone any time during regular office hours to book an appointment. Please note STI service is limited to the following: if you have a recent sexual partner who has tested positive for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis or HIV or if you have symptoms of an STI, you were told to come in for testing or treatment, if you have experienced sexual assault and for emergency contraception.
We ask that you delay coming in for non-essential services such as routine testing without symptoms, genital wart treatment and immunizations. Effective Saturday March 28th, STI Klinic will not be operating on Saturdays indefinitely.
- Our Teen Klinic service remains open – but we are changing how we provide service. To reduce the chance of transmission of COVID-19, we will temporarily move to telephone care (as much as possible). Please phone us at 204-784-4090 to book a phone appointment for Teen Klinic. These appointments will be between 4:00PM and 6:30PM, every Monday starting March 30th, 2020. You can phone any time during regular office hours. We will temporarily reduce our services and will not be offering routine STI screening, genital wart treatment, pap testing or immunizations. We will try to continue meeting your needs for contraception, pregnancy testing, pregnancy options, sexual assault, or treatment for STIs (Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Chlamydia).
We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
And remember: please take care of yourself! In following national recommendations and guidelines, if you have cold / flu symptoms, please phone Klinic at (204) 784-4090 to cancel your appointment and stay home.