The Trans Health Klinic provides consultation, medical, and psychosocial supports to gender diverse clients. Our care is tailored based on your needs.
Journey at Trans Health Klinic
Our Peer Support Worker is available for support or questions at any point along your journey: (204) 784-4016
Your journey may look different from the Intake Process below.
Transitioning Care Clinic
- We provide care to gender diverse individuals 16 years of age and older seeking transitioning care (hormone start and surgery)
- Once you reach your transition needs, we will transfer care to your primary care provider (family doctor or nurse practitioner). Your primary care provider will continue to prescribe and adjust your hormone therapy, and they can do this while you are seeing us for care as well
- We DO NOT provide primary care, urgent care, or emergency care.
- We require our clients to have a primary care provider, for example a Nurse Practitioner or Doctor.
- If you do not have a primary care provider, please contact Family Doctor Finder:
- Phone: 204-786-7111 or Toll free: 1-866-690-8260
- (list of trans friendly primary care providers available)
- We will always ask your permission before you are seen by a health care learner. If you are uncomfortable with being seen by a student, please let us know. We will respect your decision.
- If your primary care provider needs support and guidance in terms of hormone prescribing and primary care services (eg: pap test, prostate exam, chest exam, etc.), they can send an e-consult or letter to a trans health medical practitioner
Gender Affirming Procedures/Surgeries
Clients must pay up front for their transportation costs to Montreal. Keep receipts & plane tickets for reimbursement by Manitoba Health.
Referrals for surgeries
Please consider all the risks associated to the surgeries. We ask that you do your research about the surgeries before asking for a referral.
- Please refer to the GRS Montreal website: https://www.grsmontreal.com/en/home.html about lower/bottom surgeries
- Please speak with fellow trans community members about the results of the surgeries.
- Please contact our Trans Peer Supporter if you need to be connected to trans community members
Manitoba Health requires a diagnosis of Gender Dysphoria (GD) for surgeries to be funded.
- Manitoba Health requires 1 referral letter by one of Klinic’s providers that are on both approved provider lists for Health Professionals as well as Mental Health Professional to confirm GD.
- Your medical practitioner may refer you to the psychologist if you are wanting a surgery referral
- Your psychologist will perform an in-depth assessment for surgical readiness
- Your referrals will be sent to the surgeon and Manitoba Health
Free Resources at Klinic
Klinic has a selection of used chest binders to donate/exchange .
Please ask us about available sizes.
Please consider donating your gently used chest binder if you no longer need it.
ONLINE Transgender Information and Question/Answer Session
Who: New clients, current clients, questioning clients, support person(s), providers also welcome
When: Saturday, February 11, 2023 (1:30 – 2:30pm)
What: Session will cover team approach, our services, provider roles, intake process, procedure/surgery coverage, referrals, community resources, question & answer.
How: please pre-register by calling 204-784-4023 and leaving us a message with your name of choice, pronouns, e-mail, and phone number and we will send you the info needed to join.
Facilitated by: Nurse, Peer Supporter
ONLINE Transgender Hormone Injection Education Session
Who: Clients needing support with their hormone injections, all genders welcome!
When: Stay Tuned for New 2022 Dates
How: please pre-register by calling 204-784-4016 and leaving your name of choice, pronouns, e-mail address, and phone number.
*We will supply the practice equipment but you must make arrangements to pick up the supplies from Klinic.
What: learn about equipment, injection skills, coping with anxiety around injecting, demonstration, practice injection on fake surface
Facilitated by: Nurse, Peer Supporter
Transgender Hormone Injection Guide (step by step)
Transfeminine and Nonbinary Welcome Package (updated March 2022)
Feminizing Effects and Expected Time Course (PDF)
Transmasculine and Nonbinary Welcome Package (updated March 2022)
Masculinizing Effects / Expected Time Course (PDF)
Voice Training Information Sheet (PDF)
Primed – A Sex Guide for Trans Men into Men (PDF)
Brazen – Trans Women’s Safer Sex Guide (PDF)